Dropbox – Super useful tool for photographers
Hey fellow photographers/photography students, check out Dropbox for a really useful utility. What is dropbox? It’s an internet based storage solution that allows you to upload your files to a central server, and synchronize it with several machines. Or if you just need something simple it’s an online place to store your files so you can access it anywhere that has an internet connection. It’s free too for a pretty decent amount of space (2gigs).
Here’s my referral link if you are interested – http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTE0Mjk4MDQ5
For my photography friends here’s why it’s super useful to have a dropbox account
- Upload your client invoices (including a blank one) for easy availability to you on the road
- Low maintenance. You pretty much drag it to a folder on your computer, and the program does the rest.
- Make your watermark, filters, rules, and more you use for photoshop/lightroom available to you.
- Upload and share client images (mostly zip files) that wont send over email. Great way for clients to get files quick.
- Sync up all your machines so they all have the same documents and files.
- Got a raw file to print in class, and lost your usb thumb drive? Upload it to drop box and access it from any computer with internet access.
- Upload files you always seem to need access too (A video of Rick Astley)
Pretty cool right? I’ve already signed up and uploaded a bunch of useful files and stuff for direct access from clients.